Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Next Thing on My List- enjoy your life!


I’m going to recommend a book that might make you think more about your life. It is called, “The Next Thing on My List.”

 

June Parker was a girl trying to find herself. She was in her thirties, single, worked as a writer for LA Rideshare and had a limited social life. Racked with guilt after getting in a car accident in which her passenger, Marissa, was killed, June decided to complete the list which she found in Marissa’s wallet. Some of the items were rather simple, while others seemed to be almost impossible.

 

As she gradually fulfilled the things on the list, she started to ask herself that what was she really wanted, what hasn’t she tried and what life did she want to live. These questions changed her life and she realized how precious gift Marissa gave her.

 

We sometimes live lives without knowing what we really should do. It is easy to get lost in our lives and we may gain nothing in the end. Try to give yourself a little time and think seriously about what you want and what you really desire to achieve. Life is precious and can’t be replayed. Live your life seriously and enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Alice:D Actually, I thought this blog was about the story of fantasy. But after I had visited your blog a few weeks ago, I realized that the blog is not all about the fantastic part but the meaning part.
    writing down such a list is interesting for me. Sometimes I have the same thinking, what should I do in my life? Well, making a list like this is one of the helpful methods. But I believe that life is very complex and unique, and we human cannot find out the true meaning of our life just by following what we had planned. But it still sounds a good idea to make a plan for the next moment of life, so I will try to do that from now on!

    ReplyDelete