Monday, October 1, 2012

Twenties Girl - a funny ghost story


It is the first article! I would like to recommend a light, humorous and hilarious novel which may make you smile knowingly. It is called, ” Twenties Girl .”

Feeling abandoned by the whole world, Lara thinks her condition is bad enough, but it can always go from bad to worse in her life. She meets an annoying and willful ghost of her 105-year- old great aunt Sadie, who appears in the looks of a twenty-year-old girl in her own funeral. Sadie headstrongly announces that she can’t rest in peace without her necklace, forcing Lara to seek her necklace.

But as Lara spends time with bright, willful and engaging Sadie, life becomes more glamorous. Could the ghost of Lara’s great aunt be the answer of her life? What do these two girls from different times learn from each other? Open the book and you’ll

know!

The most impressing part in this book is the interaction between Lara and Sadie. People from different backgrounds may argue with each other, let alone people from different times. To settle down all these arguments, all we need is forgiveness and understanding. Trying to place ourselves in other’s position is the way to communicate.  

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Alice:-D
    I haven't read this novel before, but it seems to be very inspiring and interesting. I think the author is creative to come up with such a special theme. One of my friends likes English novels very much, and I would like to recommend you a sci-fi& magical one she just bought. It is called”Night Watch”. In fact, it’s a Russian novel and was translated into English version. I have read the novel in Chinese and I always want to go through it again in English!! Glad to be your blogging partner this week because I like novels as well. I hope there will be more wonderful novels in this blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete